Curriculum Reform at an International University in Uganda
Reaching Young Doctors from Around the World Through Student Activism Paul Mulyamboga is a 4th year medical student and MSFC chapter leader at St Augustine International University in Kampala, Uganda. The chapter recently advocated for abortion education to be included in the curriculum, changes that were unprecedented at any medical schools in Uganda. After months …
Below are strategy and curriculum content resources for reform at your medical school. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, would like .doc versions of any of these documents, or need help strategizing email [email protected]. We’re here to help!
- Curriculum Reform Interest Survey
- Curriculum Content Survey
- Finding Your Allies
- Peer Survey with Opinion Questions
Additional MSFC Resources:
- MSFC Guide to Curriculum Reform (includes baseline curriculum & learning objectives)
- Organization Map for Curriculum Change
- Sample Decision Making Flow Chart
- Sample Proposal and Course Description (includes sample letter to administration)
Curriculum Materials from Ally Organizations:
- Innovating Education in Reproductive Health
- Curricula Organizer for Reproductive Health Education (CORE)
- Teach Abortion Training
- Reproductive Health Access Project
- Physicians for Reproductive Health
- National LGBT Health Education Center
Reform Strategies from Ally Organizations:
- International Planned Parenthood Federation: offers guides on How to Educate about Abortion and How to Talk about Abortion (available in English, French, and Spanish).
- ARHP’s Guide to Improving Reproductive Health Curriculum: strategies and case studies for curriculum reform at medical schools.