Post-Roe Initiative Update: Students in their Own Words
Rachel Abbott, Student Organizer The appointment of Judge Kavanaugh to the United States Supreme Court last fall means that the balance of the court is now prepared to restrict abortion access and potentially overturn Roe v Wade. However, we are ready—MSFC chapters across the US have been fighting to provide abortion access under difficult circumstances …
Below are strategy and curriculum content resources for reform at your medical school. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, would like .doc versions of any of these documents, or need help strategizing email [email protected]. We’re here to help!
- Curriculum Reform Interest Survey
- Curriculum Content Survey
- Finding Your Allies
- Peer Survey with Opinion Questions
Additional MSFC Resources:
- MSFC Guide to Curriculum Reform (includes baseline curriculum & learning objectives)
- Organization Map for Curriculum Change
- Sample Decision Making Flow Chart
- Sample Proposal and Course Description (includes sample letter to administration)
Curriculum Materials from Ally Organizations:
- Innovating Education in Reproductive Health
- Curricula Organizer for Reproductive Health Education (CORE)
- Teach Abortion Training
- Reproductive Health Access Project
- Physicians for Reproductive Health
- National LGBT Health Education Center
Reform Strategies from Ally Organizations:
- International Planned Parenthood Federation: offers guides on How to Educate about Abortion and How to Talk about Abortion (available in English, French, and Spanish).
- ARHP’s Guide to Improving Reproductive Health Curriculum: strategies and case studies for curriculum reform at medical schools.